Sunday, April 12, 2009



I made some very common and simple cupcakes for Easter that I shared with my friends and co-workers. I must say though that… this is my version of semi-homemade, I was able to finish all these cupcakes in less than 2 hours. I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix, I normally like to bake my cake from scratch but this is a full proof mix, I really like it compared to others so I don’t mind using it when I’m in a rush but I know you might think that with all the mix-ins why not just do it from scratch, it’s just because I don’t want to sift cake flour and wash extra dishes, just cutting corners.. Also, I believe that it doesn’t matter if you use a cake mix as long as you make your icing from scratch. I always make Swiss meringue buttercream. (I got my recipe from Martha Stewart).


For the decos:

· M&M Easter Eggs (Speck-tacular)

· Purple, Pink, Blue Peeps Marshmallows

· Buttercream icing (thanks, Martha Stewart… I really love this icing!... to get the recipe please check her website and here’s what you type in the search field “Swiss Meringue Buttercream for Cupcakes)

* I do not have the prices this time but I'm pretty sure they are all on sale now since it's already Easter.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!







2 comments:

  1. These were soooo yummy! They were definitely the best cupcakes I've ever eaten. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. We always enjoy your tasty creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Chocolate Cupcakes on Foodista