Wednesday, February 18, 2009




February the month of love...




Normally, people like to send chocolate covered strawberries, cards and flowers to their loved ones but for mothers like me, we like to give out homemade decorated cookies or some cupcakes usually to our children’s teachers. I have been giving my son’s teachers just dropped chocolate cookies because it’s easier to make but I was a little creative this year. I thought of making them Triple Chocolate cupcakes made of course with chocolate cake with chocolate chips, there’s a little oozy-gooey ganache surprise inside and of course I frosted the cupcakes with Swiss chocolate meringue butter cream. Lastly, I thought I’d keep it simple by just piping a heart on top using the same ganache that I stuffed inside the cupcakes and sprinkled the hallow hearts with red sugar for a little touch.






Tools /Ingredients you can find in your kitchen:




*I used Ziploc to pipe the hearts because I ran out of plastic piping bags, they actually work just as great. You will need to double your bag though and use a coupler to prevent the bag from bursting.




*You can alternate the red sugar with sugar sprinkles with white nonpareils if you have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Chocolate Cupcakes on Foodista